Blush Beauty Center
Teen & Adult Acne Treatments
Your teen probably asks you for a lot of things that seem silly or extravagant, but if they ask you for a professional facial, you may want to take them seriously. If you’re a parent reading this, it’s important to remember that treating your teen to a facial with a trained aesthetician is less about luxury and more about the healthcare benefits. Dermatologiestss often recommend professional facials for teens, especially those who are struggling with acne.
There are several benefits to starting early with esthetician facials, especially when troubled with acne.
- Learning healthy skin care habits early
- Proactively treat teen acne due to hormonal shifts
- Learn to refrain from picking and popping
- Provide increased self-esteem
- Clean, clear skin
- Immediate results
At Blush Beauty Center, we care about you. We offer medical grade, dermatologist tested, and hypoallergenic facial and skin care products and solutions for all skin types. During your complimentary consultation, we can create a customized beauty regimen, tailored to your teen’s specific skin care needs.
Some helpful tips to aid in Acne Treatment include:
1. Have your teen use acne products, and wash problem areas with a gentle cleanser twice daily. Apply cleanser with fingertips, and rinse skin with lukewarm water.
2. After washing the skin, treat with a topical product containing adapelene. Adapelene is helpful in unclogging pores and preventing new breakouts. A pea-sized amount should be applied to the entire face, avoiding easily irritated areas, such as the eyes and mouth. It also can be applied to the chest and back, if needed.
3. Avoid facial scrubs, astringents and facial cleanser masks, as well as excessive scrubbing and washing. This can irritate the skin and worsen acne.
4. Remind your teen to use acne treatment, but only remind them occasionally. A small study shows that fewer reminders from parents are more effective than reminding your child each day, which can be viewed as nagging.
5. Do not touch or pick at problem areas. This can trigger acne, lead to infections and cause scarring.
6. Make sure your teen is wearing a clean face mask every day. A dirty face mask will counteract other prevention strategies. Be sure to wash masks prior to wearing the first time. Use regular laundry detergent and hot water for washing face coverings.
7. Your teen should use shampoo every day. This is especially needed if he or she has oily hair or problem areas around the hairline.
8. Shower after activities that cause sweat and oil production. Exercising and wearing a hat or helmet can increase sweat and oil production.
9. Treat acne early. It is easier to treat a few pimples than a breakout. Early treatment also can help prevent acne in adult years and reduce scars.
10. Protect skin from the sun. Sun exposure can make acne worse, and some medications make skin susceptible to the sun’s rays. If your teen is planning to be in the sun, have them apply a nonoily moisturizer that includes sunscreen.
11. Avoid excessive amounts of cosmetics. Cosmetics can cause pores to clog and worsen acne.
12. Protect skin from items that create friction or cause pressure. Phones, helmets, backpacks, and tight collars and straps are examples.
13. Help your teenager manage and reduce stress. Stress can cause acne to flare.
Blush Beauty Center provides Teen and Adult Acne Treatments to clientele in Southwest Florida including: Belleair, Boca Raton, Bradenton, Clearwater, Fishhawk Ranch, Fort Lauderdale, Indian Rocks Beach, Hollywood, Lakewood Ranch, Largo, Longboat Key, Madeira Beach, Marco Island, Miami, Naples, New Tampa, Orlando, Osprey, Reddington Beach, Safety Harbor, Sarasota, Seminole, Siesta Key, South Tampa, St. Pete, St. Pete Beach, Tampa, Tierra Verde, Treasure Island, and Venice.